About the Company
Autotest AG was founded in 1983 by Josef Unterholzner. They have since worked to establish themselves as a European leader in the design and manufacture of high-quality automotive parts for premium car manufacturers’ special series productions. Their production processes have both interior and exterior applications. Autotest pays special attention to details, pursues quality through the entire supply chain, and utilizes high quality materials to deliver a superior product. In 2012, Autotest received the Porsche supplier award; Autotest is also classified by VW/Audi as an A-supplier. Autotest is ISO/TS 16949 certified.
Products & Services
Autotest’s range of products include spoilers, front and rear bumpers, covers, wheel housings, fuel filler cap systems, garnish moldings, and middle consoles. Among their services are concept and design, prototyping, construction, mold construction, production, painting, and assembly. The various production technologies utilized by Autotest are polyurethane foaming (PUR-Foam), high-speed reaction injection molding/ reinforced reaction injection molding (HS-RIM/HS-RRIM), long-fiber-injection, composite spraying techniques, and structural-reaction injection molding. For products made of thermoplasts besides polyurethane, Autotest offers standard injection molding, 2-component injection molding, and blow molding techniques.
- By utilizing their broad range of in-house competencies and working closely with their network of suppliers, Autotest is able to offer complete and quality solutions to its customers, from the concept phase to packaging and delivery
- While Autotest is committed to the development of high-quality solutions for premium car manufacturers, they also strive to keep these solutions price-competitive
- Autotest’s parts are developed according to the specifications of car manufacturers. Therefore OEMs are typically their primary business partners.
- Certain products made by Autotest could be distributed to high end specialty retailers
- Those interested in assisting Autotest establish a southeastern U.S. facility