The Defense & Civil Systems division of Jenoptik AG develops, produces and distributes mechatronic and sensor systems for civil and military applications. The portfolio ranges from individual assemblies, to complete systems and end products. The division’s areas of competence are Energy Systems, Optical Sensor Systems, Stabilization Systems, Aviation Systems as well as Radomes & Composites.
The mechatronic products - amongst others for the aviation industry - include diesel-electric gensets, electrical machines such as alternators, electric motors or converters, power electronics, heating systems and control units as well as lift systems and rescue hoists.
Various companies of the civil and defense area form the customer base for some 100 experts within the business unit „Aviation“. The Jenoptik group comprises approximately 3.500 employees with an annual turnover of 670 m Euro in 2015.
- Aviation systems systems (heating and lift systems, rescue hoists and radomes)
- Development, manufacturing, maintenance and overhaul of aviation equipment
- Steering and controlling of electronic heater systems on/at the aircraft
- Lift system
- Transporting systems
- Aviation - Electrical energy supply systems (gensets, alternators, rotation converters and power electronics)
- Electro-mechanical drive and stabilization systems (electric motors, gun turret drives and sensor
- Electro-optical sensors (laser distance sensors, infrared cameras and reconnaissance devices)
References and export activities
Jenoptik holds branch offices in US, South Korea, Singapore, China, USA. Jenoptik takes part in various consortia, e.g. leading the radome program for the Eurofighter-project.
- Manufacturers of aircrafts (fixed wing, rotary, NCUAV)
- Integrators of sub-systems
- Public authorities or procurement organsisations
- Service providers in the inspection and maintenance and overhaul industry
- Other OEM in aviation (civil/defense)
- First/ second tier aviation
- Customized development
- Long-term experience and consideration of aviation-specific requirements, safety levels and certification
Purpose of participation in project
- Set-up of network into Brasilian aviation cluster
- Showcasing scope of competencies
- Broadening customer potential